Wednesday, August 25, 2010

R.I.P. Aaliyah Haughton

In my elementary school years was the first time I ever heard Aaliyah. I wasn't into music just yet, but my older sister would play Aaliyah's "Age Ain't Nothing But a Number" album before school just about everyday. I grew to love her voice and I felt a little connection to her maybe because she was one of the first artist I ever listened to and followed. When I finally got a compact disc player in 1996 I immediately ran out and purchased "One In a Million" never letting up on the cd it has tons of scratches and I still have it to this day. I remember when I brought the "Aaliyah" album and when I played it I fell in love with it instantly and threw "More than a Woman" on repeat a few times. I had first heard the news via radio, but I could not quite hear exactly what was being said so I paid it no mind. Something woke me up out of my terrible sleep, I just turn on the tv and there was Sway confirming it. Hearing the news that she passed on August 25th 2001 hit me pretty hard, I shed my tears as many did and continue to push her legacy on years to follow. There will never be anyone like you Aaliyah....Rest In Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment